Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
These delicious oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are one of my all time favorite cookie recipes. No flaxseed or egg replacement required in this recipe. These cookies are sweetened with a combination of maple sugar, brown and cane sugar for an extra rich flavor that's infused with a dash of cinnamon and vanilla. This classic cookie is one that everyone will love. Store in an airtight container in a cool place for 3-5 days.
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup plant-based butter, softened I used smart balance
- 3/4 cup maple sugar I used Crown Maple brand
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar organic
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp plant-based milk I used soy
- 1-1/4 cup non-dairy dark chocolate chips I used Enjoy Life brand
- 2 cup old fashioned oats organic
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon then whisk together.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter, sugars, milk, and vanilla together until creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients then fold in old fashion oats and chocolate chips.
- Place 1.5 to 2 inch balls on lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until baked to your desired texture.
- Enjoy them warm and gooey or let them cool on wire rack for a few minutes to set.
Make sure to measure flour correctly so that cookies don’t turn out dry. It’s important to let butter sit out for a few minutes so that it softens and makes it easier to cream together evenly. This recipe can be made by hand with just a whisk and large spoon.