Creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice Soup
This creamy Mushroom & Wild Rice soup is made with immune-boosting baby portobello mushrooms along with a blend of gourmet wild rice that makes a delicious and hearty soup. A comforting and hearty dish.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 16 ounces of baby portobello mushrooms diced
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 1 large sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup wild rice uncooked
- 4-6 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tsp oregano dried
- 2 tsp thyme dried
- 1 tsp salt or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4-1/2 cup all purpose flour unbleached
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the oil, mushrooms, carrots, sweet onion and garlic. Saute for 5-8 minutes.
- Add in vegetable broth then bring to a boil. Add in the wild rice let boil for 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat. Add in bay leave, oregano, thyme, salt and pepper. Cover reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, add 1/2 cup coconut milk with 1/4 cup all purpose flour and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in coconut milk and flour mixture. Remove from stove and enjoy with your favorite bread.